The Yokogawa CA450 Process Multimeter is a portable test instrument that combines a digital RMS multimeter and a loop calibrator, allowing process technicians to efficiently perform their tasks using a single tool. The Yokogawa CA450 provides 24-Volt loop power, reducing the need for carrying a separate power supply when performing transmitter testing. And with its built-in, selectable 250-Ohm Hart resistor, it also eliminates the need for a separate resistor.
Technicians involved in industrial process maintenance must troubleshoot a variety of instrumentation in the field. This necessitates carrying a wide variety of tools and electrical equipment such as digital multimeters and calibrators/sorucing devices. Individual, single purpose devices may not have the varied functionality needed for equipment validation, in addition to being cumbersome and inefficient to carry. In these situations, a device that can source, measure, and have PC compatibility would be the perfect instrument for the task. The CA450 Process Calibrator is defined by:
- Source commonly used field instrumentation standards such as loop power, and miliamps DC
- Measure like a DMM; capture and log current, voltage, resistance, and even DCS power
- Step/Sweep outputs for enhanced testing of field equipment
- PC communication for traferring and saving data
- Prevent polarity error issues with terminal safeguards to prevent incorrect wiring
- Conforms to 600V CAT. IV and 1000V CAT III