As all REGATRON DC power supplies the TC.GSS series disposes of a multi-processor control architecture, allowing not only for full digital control, but also for Internal Resistance Simulation. Moreover, onboard real-time computation provides the activation of the versatile TopCon Function Engine TFE (optional) as also the universal “Application Area Programming” AAP (optional), which allows to give the source a programmable transfer characteristic or a random two-pole function y = f(x).
TC.GSS systems consist of individual units of 20 or 32 kW each. Each unit is fully self-contained and may be used as individual power source / sink system at any time. Identical TC.GSS units may be arranged at any time as series stack, as parallel stack or even in a mixed-mode array to form power systems up to a MW range. This opens up a versatility not known up to now.
Typical fields of application are as follows:
- Battery and storage systems: Testing and cycling.
- Battery simulation: Testing of electrical power trains and auxiliary systems, simulation of automotive, airborne and naval onboard systems and all kind of storage systems.
- Laboratory and testing plant use: Solar simulation, simulation of capacitive storage and fuel cells, EDLC test and simulation, railway onboard electrical test and engineering.
The service and application software “TopControl” is part of the delivery and offers among others a convenient 8-channel scope running under full operation. Scope files may be sent to REGATRON Support for the discussion of operational effects and conditions.
TopControl installation file, LabVIEW® and C/C++ C#/.NET API (DLL file) are included in the scope of delivery.
- Graduated product line: 65 VDC, 130 VDC, 400 VDC, 500 VDC, 600 VDC, higher voltages up to 1500 VDC with series connection or +/-1000V with midpoint earthing.
- Power categories of 20 kW and 32 kW are available for each nominal output voltage.
- Optional extras like liquid cooling and accessories complete the product line of power supply units.
- Modular concept for easy power increase: Parallel, series, matrix or multiload master-slave-operation.
- CE conformity