The PWX series is a CVCC programmable regulated DC power supply designed to optimize for a rack-mounted power supply. To increase its mounting efficiency, it has a 19-inch rack width with a thin shape and intakes and outtakes for cooling on only the front and back surfaces so that it can be mounted flush top and bottom. The series is equipped standard with USB, RS-232C, and LAN interfaces, which are essential for system upgrades.
The series also has a virtual multi-channel bus (VMCB) function that allows it to be used efficiently for remote control and monitoring with 1-to-N and as well as with N-to-M in large-scale networks. In particular, the LAN interface is LXI compliant*, enabling you to control and monitor the power supply easily from a browser on a PC, smartphone, or tablet. You can also manage the power supply in a different building.
Two output power specifications are available: 750 W and 1500 W, and a wide range of voltage and current settings can be combined within its output power rating (3 times). For example, the output power of 1500 W model, the PWX1500ML is capable to operate seamlessly from the range of “80 V-18.75 A” to “26.8 V-56 A”. The input voltage has a universal 85 V to 265 V input voltage range, and the unit also has an internal power factor correction (PFC) circuit to control the harmonic current. It also includes an analog external control/monitoring output, master-slave parallel operation function, various protective functions, and memory function.
- Performance and Functions
- Rated output power: 750 W/1500 W
- Rated output voltage: 30 V/80 V/230 V/650 V
- A wide range of voltage and current settings can be combined within its output power rating (3 times)
- PFC circuit of 0.99 (with 100 V) or 0.97 (with 200 V) at full load *TYP value
- Supporting universal input voltage (85 V to 265 V)
- LAN (LXI compliant) /USB/RS-232C as standard interface
- A virtual multi-channel bus (VMCB) function makes multi-channel operation more efficient
- Emulation setting, Command language setting function
- A thin and lightweight design with a 1U height for increased rack-mounting efficiency
- Expandable output capacity by parallel operation
- Expandable output voltage by series operation (up to 2 units by the same model and excluding 650V models)
- External analog control function (Output control based on voltage and resistance; ON/OFF based on contact signals)
- Analog monitor output (output voltage, output current, and operating mode can be monitored)
- Various protection functions: overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, and overheat protection
- Memory function (3 combinations of settings for voltage, current, OVP, OCP, and UVL)
- Remote sensing function
- Bleeder circuit ON/OFF setting (to prevent over-discharging of batteries)
- CV, CC priority start function (prevents overshoot with output ON)
- Variable Internal Resistance Feature (Factory option *Exclude PWX750ML)